A honeymoon should be fun, memorable, exclusive, and able to help the couple bond as much as possible. Coming to think of the best honeymoon destinations in the world, there are few that can rival Sri Lanka! Here, you and your loved one can ‘hide’ from the world for weeks or months and really get down to exploring what this Jewel in the ocean has to offer. The golden beaches that hug the Indian Ocean from all corners are just one reason why this Island is the ideal destination. Many tour and travel sites including the much respected Trip Advisor continue to rank Sri Lanka as a top destination for honeymooning.
- Like aforementioned, couples get a chance to swim and soak in the sun all day at the clean, sandy beaches. You can also hop onto yachts and cruise ships for a memorable ride around the scenic island. Most of the trips include occasional stop-overs where visitors can disembark from the ship and plunge into the ocean for a swim. Others take you deeper in the ocean where sport fishing and whale diving are common.
- Couples will also have plenty of time to go hiking, sightseeing, bird watching, or just picnicking. The famous Yala National Park, the Dambulla Rock Temple; these attractions will mesmerize any couple that’s looking to have limitless outdoor fun. Sri Lanka has hundreds of different bird species; there are also leopards, antelopes the sloth bear, wild boars, and so much more. It’s a true wildlife jewel.
- Thirdly, your honeymoon in Sri Lanka will be greatly spiced up by the Elephant rides offered in Chaaya Village. So huge, yet so gentle; these elephants are domesticated and trained to carry humans on their back across rivers and parks. It’s always such an exhilarating feeling riding on these beasts as you take selfies and photos as you move around.
- How about eating out and trying out the different local recipes? Sri Lankan cuisine is tasty and delicious, with most of it comprising of sea foods. There are thousands of eateries around Colombo, Sri Lanka’s capital. You also get to taste the famed Ceylon tea firsthand, even visiting the lush green tea plantations that carpet most mountains around.
- There’s also the famous Sigiriya Rock site. This is one of the most visited tourist destinations in the country and as a couple you’ll have much fun here. There are stairs that have been immaculately carved out to help you get a good view of the scenic view below you. It’s a perfect photo shoot location for couples who want to document their visit as they celebrate their union.
In order to make the most out of your Sri Lanka visit, make sure that you plan your trip well. Get a tour and Travel Company that specializes in Honeymoon packages as such is likely to help with an itinerary that’s suitable. Each year thousands of visitors come to Sri Lanka for holiday; as a couple, you may wish for a more exclusive package in terms of guaranteeing private and undisturbed moments with your partner.